A kind autorickshaw driver

I took an auto from the town, to the medical college where my friend's mother is admitted. As I was suffering from back-pain, I asked the auto rickshaw driver,who was a pretty young boy to ride it smoothly as I am suffering from back-pain.

Though I was expecting some rude reply (like how it usually is), he replied, "Okay sir" in a gentle voice and kept his word.

Upon reaching destination, I asked him, "How much?" And in return he pointed me to a box kept near to his seat and replied "Put anything that you think is satisfactory for this ride."

I got confused for a minute and then I saw a label over the box. It read - "Donation for the poor and needy patients".

Meanwhile, the security personnel rushed to us asking us to move the vehicle from the front side. But upon seeing the autorickshaw driver, the watchman smiled and said, "Namaskar Sir". Both of them smiled at each other and the auto driver left.

Upon anxiety, I asked the security personnel more about him, to which his reply was this, "He is second to the 4 children of his parents. His dad expired earlier, and his elder brother is paralyzed. He got two younger sisters to take care of."

The superintendent of our hospital gave him this auto as a gift for passing the exams with good marks. He came up with half of his earning in first month itself to repay for the auto to which superintendent said NO with a smile.

He then started offering rides to medical college for free or asks people to put the money in box. At the end of every month, he uses it for the treatment of needy people in our hospital."

I was stunned, I didn't know what to say or what to reply. I find myself very much fortunate to have a ride with this 3rd year MBBS student who is actually a super human being.

Every common man we see is in turn a reflection of an extraordinary super human being inside. I hope, he comes out in flying colors and may god bless him and look after his family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lecture by Subrato Bagchi

220 Great Cricket Quotes of all time

The fallen Tomato Cart by Subroto Bagchi