Billboard marriage

Harley Cobb placed an estate-agency size notice in front of his house in Pasadena, California. It read, in large smart lettering: 'Widower 55 seeks attractive lady (40-60), friendship ... maybe more' and gave his phone number. His sign and his story appeared in newspapers and on TV, and he received more than 4,000 calls from marriage-minded women around the world. He interviewed 800 and dated 81 of them before meeting his wife, Helen, who lived in the neighbourhood.

Helen, 46, remembers: 'When I first saw Harley's sign, I thought to myself, 'There's a fruitcase'. But one day I happened to be walking by when he was outside, posing for a photographer. I thought to myself: 'He looks normal'.'

She phoned him. They met twice. They got married.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lecture by Subrato Bagchi

220 Great Cricket Quotes of all time

The fallen Tomato Cart by Subroto Bagchi